Thursday, May 20, 2010

Emily: Fun in the Kitchen

Hey guys!!

I know I'm so lame updating two days in a row, BUT I took some pictures today and wanted to share them with you all.

For tonight's dinner, I made mac-and-cheese Sumi style (or at least, from whatever I remember of Sumi-style mac-and-cheese!). Instead of corn, though, I substituted green beans mostly because I do not have any corn.

So here's what I did:
1. cut up and stir fry (can't get away from it can I?) 10-15 green beans in oil and salt--NO SOY SAUCE!
2. boil water/prepare shells
3. dump green beans in a pan and rinse the pan
4. add milk and 2 slices of cheese to the pan, stir and wait for cheese to melt
5. after the milk/cheese mixture becomes liquidy, add the boiled shells (after straining of course)
6. mix things around, add green beans, add salt
7. pour into a bowl, add oregano, and eat. voila!
















Derek and Sara joined in on the food-making, and here's what they made--

Derek: a WHOLE pizza in 15 minutes. What skills.

Sara: peppers, tomatoes, and rice!

Bon appetit, everyone!

0 comments: